Our requirements for setting up your print-ready artwork
These are the standard requirements when producing print-ready files. With some products there may be slight variations, please drop us an email or give us a call if unsure at all.
- CMYK - (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black). All print needs to be in this colour format.
- Bleed - 3mm to all sides (for some large format print and fabrics we need 5mm).
- Correct Size - your files need to be supplied at 100% size for the product you have chosen (we can accept 50% or 25% for some large exhibition or signage graphics).
- Fonts - please outline all fonts. If you are giving us artwork to edit or layout then please supply or embed all fonts.
- Images - please embed or supply any images.
- Resolution - 300dpi or greater when artwork is at 100% size. If the resolution is low and there is danger of pixellating, we will let you know.
- File types - PDF.
No thanks. Nope. No.
We will reject your print files if any of the following crops up. We will not fix it for you but we will try to help as much as we can. Please drop us an email or give us a call if unsure at all.
- RGB - what you see on screen may not match what is printed. Any supplied files with RGB elements will be converted to CMYK and may cause colour to dull or alter. If you want to double check, please get in touch.
- Wrong Size - please do not send or upload artwork that is the incorrect size for the product that you have purchased. If you are unsure about the size there are templates on most product pages, or you can email or call us.
- No Bleed - we need any colours, images or patterns that reach the edge of the document to bleed off at least 3mm.
- No Crop Marks - crop marks need to be outside the bleed so we know where to trim the print.
- File Types - unfortunately we do not accept: Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Publisher, Apple Pages, CAD drawings, JPG, PNG, TIFF or BMP for print-ready files. If you are sending us graphics for us to produce designs then we can accept Ai, EPS or InDesign files.
- Receiving Files - we only accept files from WeTransfer or by email. We prefer not to accept files from DropBox, from third party file sites and we can't take files from your phone.
A7 = 74mm x 105mm
A6 = 105mm x 148.5mm
A5 = 148.5mm x 210mm
A4 = 210mm x 297mm
A3 = 297mm x 420mm
A2 = 420mm x 594mm
A1 = 594mm x 840mm
A0 = 840mm x 1189mm
DL = 99mm x 210mm
Any Questions? Get in Touch!
Telephone: 020 8977 3434